Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Whats The Handle On The Side Of My Fireplace What Do You Think Of This Poem About A Depressed Grandmother?

What do you think of this poem about a depressed grandmother? - whats the handle on the side of my fireplace

Blind Assassin

Is that your grandmother here, sitting on a chair beside the fireplace, by clicking on my hands, so lost and depressed. With age, I became one, with age, I was weak, over the years melt I sink deeper and deeper into me.

I try to smile politely and sat down beside me and pretended to notice, but in truth I'm lost, also lost his announcement, it has lost with blue eyes, his sweet smile and compassionate.

I have not moved from this chair, this chair in my home, where my soul rests, my mind wanders without borders.

I thought the wonderful things in this chair, not the ideas and plans that never expected to believe, that, until it is too late.

It seems her years since the last time you leave the chair, but I'm ready, I know, has finally taken the time

Slowly he rose, a flash of pain strikes, the tired muscles which have left so long, I now looked ready to fulfill his duty.

Silently, I climbed the wooden stairs, the attention ofFulham do not fall into darkness, to be so careful not to disturb my big projects. I know which room is yours, I know where to sleep, where his last breath will be.

I gently turned the doorknob to her room with the quietist of steps that do not awaken, my dear son.

The last time I saw the fine golden hair and pale skin, last time I look at a life that will be more.

I slowly raised the knife, knowing that my phone is almost complete. Then, savage, brutal, and regrets not Push down and deep in your heart for life, a heart of love, if the company runs cold.

I slide back in my chair by his hands, then lost and depressed than ever. My chair is my home, after all, no one expected, not an old woman like me.

5 comments:

BobSpain said...

Hello Jacob,

What I think of this poem? I have read several times and found the mood of the poem, and measures "rather depressing, as expected, I think.

This topic fits the style of free verse was in it would be much harder to write this kind of rhyming poem to her.

Only a few (perhaps pedantic) points ...

... They (I assume you have those who wrote it?) Said that the grandmother who lost (in her words) "and the grade of" blue eyes, sweet smile, etc ... But a remark made about them. This creates an artificiality of the situation we are invited to dive

It also means that the grandmother was in the chair for a long time, and the President, "where his soul is not to say that from the beginning that his spirit has no limits, and those who thought" wonderful things in this chair .

This does not work with the idea of a person "depressed" fit, but kept alive their interest in thinking,Although none (?) To the chair.

As I said, these are small and can be too pedantic, but does not interfere in my thoughts when reading the poem.

An impressive piece and very depressing to the topic ... But then the question is, what first attracted our interest, right?

Cheers (glad that was not my grandmother!)

BobSpain

Mrs. Alex Turner :] said...

wow i really liked it .. Jacob's well:)

NY7 said...

wow a poem by his fear, because wouldnt want my .. GM, but it was a good poem .. I can imagine that in my head.

Soccer is my Life! said...

I never said that he wrote poetry! I like the way he uses words and how the poem is descriptive.

ttyl

~ C ~

Guinness said...

Obviously, you've seen Psycho. Twisted and poor. sorry.

Post a Comment